Miracle Baby Princess Fiona

Miracle Baby Princess Fiona
Miracle Baby Princess Fiona

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January Isn't All That Bad

I feel a little bit stuck, a tiny bit trapped...because its January, which for us Midwesterners means cold, and snow, or better yet that nasty "Old Man Winter" staunchly guarding our front door. I neglected to get Massimo a pair of boots or snow pants. He's not walking yet, so what's the point?? (FYI - he's soooo almost there - keep reading).

So as I stare blankly out the window in to the oh so quiet snow-filled street, I begin to brainstorm about the things I actually like about a month I so rightly hate.

Hmmmmm......it took me awhile.

Snuggling under the covers is one of my all-time favs. Massimo is FINALLY sleeping through the night, but the new morning ritual is him cuddling up between mom and dad in the early morning hours. Its quiet, its warm, and there is peace. January is actually....peaceful.

I also love a hot cup of java too. I have this "warming" theme going on here.

No walks, no running (unless I can sneak off to my mom's for an hour on the treadmill which just isn't the same), so I've decided to fall in love with YOGA again. FitTV has a 22 minute program that varies every other day. Running will always be my first love, but YOGA is defintely my center for January.

As I spend many hours of the day with Massimo, practicing his steps, between his naps, laundry, phone calls, and my office duties, I sneak in sunny daydreams about the coming months. How nice spring will be, going to the pool in the early mornings sounds heavenly, and the elusive "out-of-state" trip we are working on gets my blood pumping...oh yeah, and the YOGA gets my blood pumping too.

I promise myself ahead of time to appreciate every summer day - as far off as that may be.


At least there's American Idol!! Oh - and LOST starts next week. Gotta love the tube!!!!

1 comment:

Dina said...

Just think, we're almost finished with this month, and only 29 days of february.
Spring will be nice. Summer... even better. I too look forward to mornings at the pool, walks to downtown D.P.'s metro square for smoothies. I want to dig my hands in the dirt, and not have to wear shoes outside.
It will come, but go by only faster.