Miracle Baby Princess Fiona

Miracle Baby Princess Fiona
Miracle Baby Princess Fiona

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Missing Mould

Here is a copy of an e-mail I received from WXRT Promotions last week:

Hey Erin,

Congratulations! You've won a pair of tickets to see a very intimate
performance from Bob Mould live from Studio X at Martyrs' on Tuesday, February
5th! Martyrs' is located at 3855 N. Lincoln Ave in Chicago. Doors open at
5:30pm and the show begins at 6:30pm.


Mara and I (who have seen him before) were so excited. If you don't know who he is, he founded an 80's punk band called Husker Du, and in the early 90's he fronted another band called Sugar. He is awesome and I've been a fan since college.

Needless to say, Tuesday morning I was running on very little sleep, caring for a sick baby, who required a trip to the "DAHK-TAH" (Massimo language), and awaiting yet another snowstorm.

I ended up persuading XRT to put Mara's name on the list since she lives RIGHT down the street from the venue. She didn't end up going either. The weather was bad and she'd rather of not gone if I wasn't - - awwwww, I love my friend. She said she was more content to hang out at home with her husband and her baby.

Ten years ago and I would have been so utterly disappointed if I couldn't make a concert, or anything fun, exciting, and adventurous for that matter. Okay, I was completely disappointed I couldn't go. But, ya know..things change, party girls eventually grow up, and babies happen.

I know I'm not missing a thing......

Enjoy the Bob Mould and if you like him, check out his new album at www.myspace.com/bobmould. He is terrific.

No comments: