Miracle Baby Princess Fiona

Miracle Baby Princess Fiona
Miracle Baby Princess Fiona

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

OLIVE OIL TIP





I have a slight crush on Dr. Oz. Every word he says is like the gospel to me. Hey, its okay my husband likes Fergie, Jessica Alba, AND Jessica Biel. Appearing on Oprah, yes, the Oprah I always claim to dislike, but mention all the time, he was doing chin-up and he's got himself some really nice biceps, mmhmmm, he really does.

Alright, he's talking about adding years to your life. Antioxidants, Green Tea, and OLIVE OIL....everyday.

Here is the interesting part: he said that when we heat the olive oil in the pan BEFORE we place the food in the pan, we are burning off the Heart Healthy Omega 3's contained in the olive oil which is the main reason we are consuming the olive oil in the first place.



The key is to MIX the food in the olive oil and THEN put it in the pan. The food absorbs the olive oil more efficiently and we get the Omega 3's!!!

He is a genius!!!!!!!! Don't you agree?? Anyhow, if you don't watch Oprah, I bet you've never heard it and I bet you're going to start doing it the way DR. OZ says you should.

2 comments:

Dina said...

I heard this a while ago, and have not been heating up the olive oil first.
On occasion, I'll heat up oil with garlic or onions. We also have salad almost ever night with dressing made from scratch with olive oil.

Did he discuss the color of the bottle ( dark bottles protect the oil from nutrient robbing light)and refrigerating the olive oil too?

E said...

no he didn't mention that, its good to know though. I read in Super Baby Food that even MILK loses its nutrients being in a transparent container. There's so much to learn.