Miracle Baby Princess Fiona

Miracle Baby Princess Fiona
Miracle Baby Princess Fiona

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Halloween Hustle





We couldn't have asked for a nicer day. On Saturday, Marie and I ran the Halloween Hustle in scenic downtown Palatine. The cause was Fathers Supporting Fathers regarding parental custody issues (an often overlooked but important issue). There were about 250 participants, some in costume and even a cute little dog who ran too. Although I couldn't convince my sister-in-law to dress up, we had a great time, finished in record time, and enjoyed breakfast and conversation at Durty Nellie's afterward.

**On a side note, I finished 4th in my age group (30-34). Awards were given out for the TOP 3. I bet if Marie and I wouldn't have stopped at Spunky Donuts before the race, I might have inched out a place in the Top 3. Oh well, there's always next year and the donut holes really hit the spot!

3 comments:

Dina said...

congratulations!!!!
you guys are great.

Rizzi5 said...

i'm very proud of you. you beat your time. i can't wait till the next run. The 3 of us have to do it next year.

Dina said...

we sure do. we'll be the "terrific trio" and all be in the top three. start running girls